Re:

Subject: Re:
pac1@tiac.net
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 04:00:13 MDT

Joseph Iovinelli wrote:

> The most important lesson - Learn to use the command line! Once I got the
> basics on how to more around with commands instead of that "drag and click" I
> was used to in the inferior OS's all went fine.

Try to think of the other OS as just other available alternatives, neither
inferior nor superior, each with a different set of advantages and
disadvantages. Each advantage or disadvantage could of course be debated and
discussed ad nauseum and some people actually spend time doing this. Some of
us prefer to avoid such discussions.

Welcome to Linux and the X window system - Ain't it great having another set
of advantages and disadvantages to choose from!

Pat