bash: make: command not found

Subject: bash: make: command not found
From: John Boyarsky (jboyarsky@ftyukon.yfsd.schoolzone.net)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 01:12:49 MDT

Ok guys,

I have tried AGAIN AND AGAIN to install something by unpacking and
compiling
it, but i get stopped at the same step.
I'm trying to install a bunch of games. (Heck, if I''m gonna learn this,
might as well do so with something fun right?). First I need Mesa. I
have the
Mesa-3.2.tar.gz. I unpacked it into the /root folder. Went into the
console
and changed directories to that folder.. then....

Inevitably I do the "./configure" in the correct folder, and it runs
thru a
bunch of items, answering yes and no (mostly yes) then I type "make"
and get
the reply "bash: make: command not found"

What's up? According to all the directions this is sposed to work and
then
finish installing everything.

Am I missing something in my YDL installation?

John Boyarsky
I think I'm trying to learn to compile....