cdrecord issues (scsi problems)

Subject: cdrecord issues (scsi problems)
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 15:23:34 MDT

Hey all. I asked about this a while ago but it never got fixed. I would
like to try again....

I have a Sony CDU948S external SCSI CD Burner, that I would like to have
working under Linux. I have gotten it to burn a data CD once and an audio
CD only three times ever in YDL. Most recently, I tried do make an audio CD
like this (after a restart of the machine):

cdrecord -v -dummy speed=4 dev=1,5,0 -audio -pad *.aiff

I think this has worked before (without the dummy tag, of course), but it
gets to the process of writing to the CD....

Track 01: 0 of 48 MB written

.... and nothing happens. It gets this error:

cdrecord: Device not configured. Cannot set SG_SET_TIMEOUT.
Currently running 'write_continue' command.
Condition not caught: SCSI ALREADY RUNNING !!.
Raisecond: not implemented.
Aborted.

And that's that. I just won't work. Somebody suggested that it might be a
termination problem. I used to have the drive (again, externally) set to ID
5 with a terminator plug on it. Now, I have my Jaz drive chained after it,
with ID 6, and Termination set to "A" on the drive. Is that active?
Anyway, I do not know a lot about SCSI on Linux, nor enough about Linux
still to interpret what that all might mean. Any ideas?

I would be most grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

--

A typical class at Washington University: show up, get rid of your homework, get new homework, leave.