Re: Problems Installing 1.2 on B & W G3

Subject: Re: Problems Installing 1.2 on B & W G3
From: Jeremy Knope (swttiggr2@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 15:43:48 MDT

hmm... i'm running YDL 1.2 on a BlueG3 400 DVD.
running great, installed linux about 6 times with no
serious problems. there was definitly fiddling for
some things(like X) but i'm now pretty solid on it. I
recomend using Xpmac or XFree86 4.0 for the X server
on a BlueG3 with a rage128 card. i'm using XFree86 4.0
right now and it's great. you could try a different X
server. as for restarting i know the reset button
doesn't work, or at least last time i do that MacOS
won't start. anyway.... try XFree86 4.0 (rpms at
entropy.crashing.org/~howarth/ somewhere in there)
well it's hard to say much about your problem tho.
good luck.. . :)
  -Jeremy

=====
Jeremy T. Knope <jerome@knopej1.umeres.maine.edu>