Re: install killed on my 7500

Subject: Re: install killed on my 7500
From: David Barnes (dtb@fone.net)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 20:47:19 MDT

>I'm trying to install Yellow Dog Champion Server 1.2 on my PowerMac
>7500. After formatting my partitions, when it's about to start installing
>the packages, it says the installer was killed and something terminated
>abnormally. Does anyone know why this might occur? Here are some known
>facts:

I noticed as I installed (on an iMac DV SE) a similar problem. My problem
turned out to be that the installer has formatting the swap partition as
the default (checked with a [*]), but any other partitions (/, /home,
etc.)
defaults to UNCHECKED ([ ]). I actually didn't notice this until I went
back into MacOS and brought up Drive Setup and the partitions were still
indicated as HFS+ rather than Apple_Unix_SVR2. So, rerun your install and
make sure you are checking the non-swap partitions for formatting.

Good Luck!

dtb