Re: 500 Mhz Pismo Powerbook

Subject: Re: 500 Mhz Pismo Powerbook
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 21:46:13 MDT

Mark,

Yes yaboot is required for the new Pismo PowerBooks. Also make certain
that you have the updated kernel available at:
http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/

> Someone enlighten me please. Was running Champ 1.2 on PB 3400c for a
> couple of months and just got new Pismo. Using BootX to try to install,
> will get as far as first actual intsall screen and then freezes. Frankly
> it has a tough time getting that far. I am guessing it is NOT completely
> compatible with advent of the firwire support. I did note this was the
> case with LinuxPPC. I'm a bit dissappointed as it ran (if you'll pardon
> the pun) like a champ on the 3400c. Thoughts, feedback.

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/