Re: 500 Mhz Pismo Powerbook

Subject: Re: 500 Mhz Pismo Powerbook
From: Uther (merlin7@starpower.net)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 23:44:16 MDT

>> I just got a powerbook 500Mhz (Is it called Pismo or PB2000?) and am going to
>> install YDL 1.2 as well. I am not 100% sure about this, but aren't you
>> supposed to use Yaboot instead of BootX to install YDL on this powerbook
>> model?
>>
>> Bondster!

Were you guys gonna use separate HDs... via expansion bay? Is that even
supported? or did your reformate-repartition the main HD? Were you gonna
make it dualboot or Linux only?

Lots o questions, I know. I have a Pismo400Mhz -PB2000- FW-bronzekeyboard
-Whatever you want to call it. It would be very interested to see how easy
it was and what worked.

-uther
    linux neophyte