install probs

Subject: install probs
From: Erich Eyler (eyler@campmor.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 08:05:33 MDT

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install YDL, champ 1.2 on a Power Computing PowerTower180. 1
2GB drive with macOS on it, 1 4.5GB drive which will be ydl. Start the
install, use pdisk to set up drive partitions, select packages to add.
Then when it starts to format the drive I get a kernel panic and crash.

here's the error:
  "kernel panic: kernel access of bad area cp c0030d1c lr c0030d5c address 8c
   tsk mke2fs/26
   rebooting in 180 seconds..."

doesn't reboot.

Is this a problem with formatting the ext2 partitiions? Can I use another
disk utility to format the partitions first and then install?

  -Erich
<eyler@campmor.com>