Install from Hard disk

Subject: Install from Hard disk
From: Jérémy Lecour (lecour@business-village.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 09:50:45 MDT

Hi,

I'm a new member of this list, my name is Jim and I'm french.
I've looked for my answer in the fr.comp.sys.unix.mac,
comp.os.linux.powerpc usenet, on the YDL web site and in the archives
of this list, but I didn't find anything, so here is my question :

I'd like to install CS 1.2 on my PMac 8600/200. I don't have a cd
burner and I can't buy a cd so I've downloaded the "base",
"instimage" and "RPMS" directories of the YDL ftp site.
I've put a "YellowDog" dir on the root of one of my scsi disks with
the 3 precedent folders in it.
Then I've started the installer, selected my language, my keyboard,
and I've selected the method "from Hard Disk", selected my HD but the
installer didn't find a "YellowDog Tree".

What should I do ?

Thank you for a answer and sorry for my bad english, Š

--
Jérémy : <mailto:lecour@business-village.com>