Re: G4 video problem

Subject: Re: G4 video problem
From: Bruce A Leggett (brucealeg@ngent.net)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 14:54:28 MDT

> > Bruce
> I use LinucPPC on my 450 but I suppose it's pretty much the same. One exception
> thoudg - YDL uses XF86_FBDEV and LPPC Xpmac. There are afaik two ways to fix
> it:1 easy: get Xpmac.special (kevin hendricks made it) and a recent kernel -
> BenH's 2.2.15pre14 will do nicely for a G4 unless you need printer support and
> use Xpmac.
> 2. Upgrade to XF86 v 4. The XF86_FBDev that's in there supports the Rage128 in
> your G4

I tried Linuc PPC and it had trouble access my 2nd HD /dev/hdb during the
install. YDL saw it and used it just fine. So I thought they had it
together.

Thanks for the help. I am looking into it now.

Bruce Leggett CEO Next Generation Entertainment
The best games played better.
www.ngent.com www.be.com