sonnet card

Subject: sonnet card
From: Inwind (comito@inwind.it)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 14:29:40 MDT

Hi friends,

I've a big problem with my Sonnet G3 L2 cache card. It works very well under
MacOs but when I try to boot Linux with the sonnet extension activate the
sistem (Linux) freeze. I tried to boot with ramdisk, in this case Linux boot
but it stop when read the disk partition saying this message:
hdaX: lost interrupt. (it loop with this message)
Naturally when I try to boot without sonnet extension Linux start regularly,
but with the 603 processor.
Some friends said me to change the info resource of the Sonnet extension
(from INFO to scri), but the result is the same.
I've a PowerMac 6500 with MacOS 8.5.1, 64MB of RAM, a Samsung hard drive of
8 GB, an USB Pci card and YellowDog 1.2 installed.

Any idea to resolve this problem?
Thanks in advance

Salvatore Comito
Palermo