fdisk not working

Subject: fdisk not working
From: James (speddling@hartsafire.com)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 18:22:06 MDT

Hey again.... I've spent the last 3 hours trying to install YDL. First it
won't see my CD on my 8600/300... I fixed that by taking the disk and
copying it to my hard drive (primary... different than the drive I'm
installing on).

Now I get to fdisk (or pdisk) and set up my partitions and when I go to
write them it says "re-read of the partition table failed (device or
resource busy) Re boot the system to ensure the partition table is updated"
I quit and move on and the installer tells me that the drive isn't
set-up?!?!?!

Where do I go now?

TIA James