Re: kppp oddity

Subject: Re: kppp oddity
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 23:25:50 MDT

Robert M's bits of Sat, 6 May 2000 translated to:

>hi, so I've never had to use kppp or my modem for that matter until now. I can
>get kppp to dial and connect with no problems. the trouble is that once kppp
>conects I cannot open any programs (eg netscape) I am completely clueless to
>any possible solutions. what can I do?
>thanks, robert

How are you starting X? You are not starting it as one user and trying to
run apps as another user are you? If so, then you will be trying to run
things as a user that does not have privilege to do so. They the error
messages.

You might try executing 'xhost +' as the same user that started X. If that
clears up the problem, you should take a look at the xhost man page and
figured out how to refine the access control for the user accounts you
are using.

Jim