ini-9100uw (Miles), supported or not?

Subject: ini-9100uw (Miles), supported or not?
From: Andrew Dacey (frugal@hfx.eastlink.ca)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 00:30:17 MDT

I'm looking into getting an ultra wide card and I've heard good things
about Initio's Miles (ini-9100uw) card, at least for MacOS stuff (not to
mention the price is nice). Has anyone tried it under linuxppc/yellowdog
(I'm using yellowdog, not that it should make a difference)?

I notice that it is listed as supported in the hardware howto but I'm
assuming that's for the PC version. At first, I thought they were the
same card but just different software included. However, Initio's faq
indicates that they aren't the same card and that they aren't
interchangeable (PC to Mac or vice versa). This begs the question then
if the Mac version will work under linux or not. The PC one will (as
indicated in the hardware howto and on Initio's site), but there's
nothing I can find about the Mac version.

If anyone can give me some info I'd really apreciate it.

Thanks,

Frugal