Re: 9600MP supported?

Subject: Re: 9600MP supported?
From: Kevyn Shortell (kevyn@apple.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 14:38:54 MDT

I'm going to be making a new 1.2 SMP kernel later on this week
if no one has one for you by then, let me know and I'll put
it up somewhere. =)

Kevyn

on 5/9/00 4:26 AM, space aliens forced Ken Tabb at ken@psy.herts.ac.uk to
write:

> And thus spake Kevyn Shortell at 8/5/00 11:00 pm:
>
>> It works, you just have to recompile the kernel to support Mac SMP.
>>
>> on 5/8/00 9:49 AM, space aliens forced Brock Gunter-Smith at
>> brock@gbgraphics.com to write:
>>
>>> Simple/silly question. Are there any problems installing CS1.2 on a
>>> 9600/200MP machine? The support pages list the 9600, I just wanted to make
>>> sure that the multiprocessor version was supported also without any
>>> problems. Thanks.
>
> Has anyone already done this and have it downloadable, or does every
> 9600MP owner have to do this?
> Cheers,
> Ken
>
> ---------
> Ken Tabb.
> Mac & UNIX C/C++/Java developer (Health & Human Sciences),
> Machine Vision researcher/programmer (Computer Science),
> University of Hertfordshire, Herts AL10 9AB, England
> Tel: (+44 / 0) 1707 286171 e-mail: ken@psy.herts.ac.uk
> http://www.health.herts.ac.uk/ken/
>
> Created in a Microsoft-free environment

Kevyn Shortell Apple
Systems Engineer QuickTime
kevyn@apple.com http://www.apple.com/quicktime
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left"