partition formating

Subject: partition formating
From: David Peers (dpeers@pittstate.edu)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 17:20:17 MDT

I have separate drives for my Mac and Linuz OS (hda and hdb
respectively) I am trying to format the remaining space on my hdb drive
(partition 7) which was 1GB of unused space. I tried using the C command
in pdisk, and it allowed me to name the partition and label it as HFS. I
also tried hfsutils to format partition 7-it told me that the volume
untitled was created. However, I still can't see this partition in my
Mac OS so I don't think its properly formatted as HFS. I realize that I
am getting into dangerous ground by messing with partition tools, can
someone help me format this space so both Linux and Mac recognize it?
Thanks,
Dave