Re: Local server (AppleTalk, Ethernet)

Subject: Re: Local server (AppleTalk, Ethernet)
From: Patrick Armbruster (patrick@travis.ch)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 01:13:00 MDT

on 11.5.2000 9:02 Uhr, Casper VE van de Pavert at cve@dds.nl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set up Linux as a local file/httpd server. How do I do this?
>
> atalk starts at startup
> eth0 says OK at startup
> do I need more?
>
> When I choose AppleShare from the Chooser on a different Mac I don't
> see anything. (connections are OK as Mac's do work together).
> linuxconf has quite alotta settings, which ones do I need to adjust?

Try to connect to the host via its IP-adress. And have a look at

http://thehamptons.com/anders/netatalk/impatient.html

It's useful and should be understandeable. If not, contact me directly, I
can send you my netatalk setup. It's on an Intel-based Linux box, but
configuring netatalk should be the same, I guess.

Fryke