Re: Moving Linux hard drive to another machine. Possible?

Subject: Re: Moving Linux hard drive to another machine. Possible?
From: William K. Gibson (firstdesk@columbus.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 12:34:16 MDT

on 5/11/00 2:04 PM, William K. Gibson at firstdesk@columbus.rr.com wrote:

> Hi, I got two G3 machines. One, an old beige G3 running Yellowdog Champion
> 1.2, and another B&W G3 running OS 9.
>
> Now that it is possible to access the MacOS from within Yellowdog, I want to
> merge the two OSs into one machine. So, I went ahead and ripped the IDE

Oh, one more thing. The beige G3 has an ADB keyboard and mouse. The B&W has
USB. During the boot off the B&W, the system went into a root recovery mode,
but I was unable to use the keyboard so I could not do anything. What files
must I modify to make sure YDL looks for and finds the USB keyboard and
mouse during the boot?

Thanks in advance.

--William K. Gibson
1stDesk Systems