Re: Moving Linux hard drive to another machine. Possible?

Subject: Re: Moving Linux hard drive to another machine. Possible?
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 12:39:24 MDT

Well...

You can't really have two definitions for the same mount point - I'm not
sure what would happen...

What you can do is pass a mount point in BootX and start single user if
for some reason you have to put your now-hdf disk back into the old
machine and use it as hda. This would allow you to start up with the
disk as hda, edit /etc/fstab, then telinit 3 to go into regular multi-user:

(in BootX arguments box)
root=/dev/hda7 single (remaining arguments you already have..)

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

-- Adolph Hitler, 1933