HANG WHEN INSTALLING COMPONENTS

Subject: HANG WHEN INSTALLING COMPONENTS
From: Marco-0 (monguio@coac.es)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 19:31:22 MDT

First of all I'd like to thank Josh and Brock for the help on burning
the ISOs finally I succeded!

Now the problem comes when I do the software components install. As the
installation guide says I partitioned my SCSI HD in two: 2Gigs for the
root ("/") and 100 megs or so for the swap.I mount the root one (not the
swap) and Initiallize both. Then the select components "window" is
prompted and no matter what components I select, it makes the system
hang when they are being installed (after 5 min or so, about a quarter
of the total installation). Each time I've tried it, it hangs (and the
cursor disapears) when installing a different component. I've looked the
previos months msg on
this list and seems that anyone else has had this problem. Any
solutions? THX

Beige G3 300Mhz
192 RAM
IDE 6 GIG