HD partition help?

Subject: HD partition help?
From: Ryan Griffith (rgriffit@csulb.edu)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 22:49:30 MDT

Can anyone tell me what "HFS" stands for? When I try to partition my
hard drive with drive setup on MacOS install CD, I don't get that
option. There is a "UFS", but I don't know what that stands for
either. Which one should I use? There are also "Linux Home" and "Linux
Opt" options. Also, the manual seems to make a big deal about BootX but
says specificall that I can only use yaboot. What's up with that? BTW,
I have an iMac DVSE. Any answers anyone can provide would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

Pre-Newbie