Re: Install Problems on a G4

Subject: Re: Install Problems on a G4
From: Donnie Fischer (donnie@mac.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 21:26:45 MDT

on 5/12/00 11:35 AM, csmartin@acsu.buffalo.edu at csmartin@acsu.buffalo.edu
wrote:

> Hello. I am trying to re-install YDL on a power mac G4 AGP, and every time I
> try
> to, it gets to the Configure time zone part of the installation, and then it
> gets
> an error. and won't proceed. I got it installed the first time, but now i
> have to
> reinstall it, and it won't work. Can anyone help?
>
> Chris Martin

Chris,

I had the same problem the first three times I installed. You need to make
sure that the partition you are installing to (I finally elected to use just
one and mount it as root [/] in fdisk) is at least 2 GB. The installer just
kept running out of disk space in the final moments of the install and
therefore kept botching up the configuration because files were missing.

Hope this helps!

Donnie Fischer
donnie@mac.com