ftp access

Subject: ftp access
From: Tim Long (tim.long@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 12:52:26 MDT

1 I have set up ftp but can't log on as root and can't move the
index.html file from the default httpd directory. I can log on to the
linux box using ftp without entering a user name so there are some basic
security settings I need to change. How do I do this?

2 When I boot using yaboot the command line comes up. Having logged
on as root I type 'gdm' I get a second prompt to log on again before
Gnome starts. Is it possible to add to the yaboot script I enter in the
OF prompt, currently 'boot hd:5,\yaboot.tbxi' so gnome starts up
straight away? Is this to do with setting runlevel settings in
/etc/inittab?

Thanks.

Tim