Re: Configuration errors after successful install

Subject: Re: Configuration errors after successful install
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 09:40:46 MDT

You mentioned that you have a Starmax clone. I have YDL 1.2 installed
on my PowerBase 200. Since these did not come with built-in ethernet I
had to get a PCI card (long before I got YDL) to attach it to the
network at my office. The card (a Farallon 10/100) will not work with
the kernel as supplied - you _must_ compile a new kernel. Depending on
the card you have you may need to do the same. Check the message
achives for my past postings on this - I gave someone detailed
istructions at some point, these might be helpful. Once the network
card is running everything else is pretty easy.

John Price wrote:

> Thanks Ed! That did it! We repartitioned and gave /usr 700 MB from the 1.5
> G we had allocated for root. We were able to configure and run. We are now
> up and running on Xwindows. Next challenge is to configure the network card
> and get our Pentium and Macs connected to our Linux box. The hardware is
> already connected, so it's just a matter of getting Samba running and
> configuring the network card and installing its drivers. Any advice om
> that?
>
> John D. Price
> jprice@floop.com
> http://www.floop.com

---
Ed Jaeger

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."

-- Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi