Partitioning question

Subject: Partitioning question
From: Ryan Griffith (rgriffit@csulb.edu)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 15:38:44 MDT

Ok, I have an iMac DVSE that I am trying to install YDL on. I have
partitioned the hard drive this way: 2G for MacOS which is of the type
MacOS Extended and about 10G unallocated for linux. When I boot from
the installer, before the welcome screen comes up I get the message:
"wrong partition, 1 signature." It then lets me continue as normal and
I can proceed to make the partitions with pdisk: /,/usr,/home and swap.
Everything works fine until I try to save the partition map. When I
type "w" I get the message: "pdisk: Reread of partition table failed
(Device or resource busy)". When I reboot and check the partitions
again, they are all there and of the type "Apple_UNIX_SVR2". So it
looks like they were written after all. Does anyone have any ideas on
this? Thanks!

RG