iMac DV Questions

Subject: iMac DV Questions
From: Jeff Massung (jmassung@magpiesystems.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 11:56:18 MDT

Well, after a wonder, intimate night alone with my iMac DV, at 4am I got
CS1.2 working =).

I've got 2 problems (so far) though, and am looking for a little help :).
I've searched through the lists archives, and can't seem to find an answer.
So here it goes:

1. After getting past yaboot, the system boots just fine and runs, but there
are orange, vertical lines down the right edge of the monitor (coming in for
about an inch). Anyone know how to fix this?

2. X just won't seem to start. I've only run Xconfig from inside the
installer, so maybe I need to do it outside the installer? I've done this
plenty of times on x86's, but this is my first PPC install. Is there a good
site to tell me things to look out for?

Thanks. Oooh, one last thing:

From reading through the archives, it appears as though PPP through ethernet
has some problems? I have a T1, and was wondering if I need to do anything
specific (before I start hitting pitfalls) to set it up?

- Jeff Massung (jmassung@magpiesystems.com)
- Programmer for Magpie Systems (http://www.magpiesystems.com)
- Bringing smart pigs and data analysis to the pipeline industry!