Re: Help! (XF86config messed up)

Subject: Re: Help! (XF86config messed up)
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 13:27:06 MDT

If you are booting via BootX you can put the argument "3" first to start
in CL mode. For me this would make the BootX box look like

3 video=atyfb:vmode:19,cmode:16

If things are really messed up (doubtful from what you described) change
the 3 to 1 for single-user mode.

Using the 1.2 CD would require you to mount the partition containing
/etc (somewhere) then edit /etc/inittab. The above method is easier
unless your libraries, etc. are totally hosed.

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

- Tom Wilson