Re: Netinstalls, netinstall, net install

Subject: Re: Netinstalls, netinstall, net install
From: dk smith (dks@spies.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 20:39:58 MDT

Oh... so it is essentially, RedHat? So the install would be similar to the
HOWTO's on this topic? Building up the file system from one partition at a
time, including the copying of the contents of each file system, like /usr,
as individual files (via manual ftp)? Creating the device tree with command
line instructions, etc? ... Trying to get the flavor of how 'manual' this
is gonna be... The HOWTO's have the recited recipes?

The FreeBSD installer, to which I referred, was boot floppies and an
installer that slurped all the file systems in an automated fashion. Nice
abstraction to all the details. (i.e. not manual).

Would you recommend purchasing the CD? I want to avoid that if possible.
Just looking for a recipe.

thx
dk

--