FAQ and Yaboot?

Subject: FAQ and Yaboot?
From: david bonde (i97_bed@i.kth.se)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 01:24:57 MDT

I guess this is in a faq so please redirect me if that is the case.

I just installed CS 1.2 on my G4/AGP, but how do I boot it?

I have copied these files:

vmlinux
yaboot.conf
yaboot.tbxi

to the root level of my MacOS start up partition (I have several
MacOS partitions and I don't plan to stop use MacOS), which according
to both fdisk and hdt is number 8. The conf files look like this:

timeout= 5
default = linux
image=hd:8,\vmlinux
label=linux
root=/dev/hda14

(CS is installed on partition 14, the swap is on 15)

but when I boot into OF and type

boot hd:8,\yaboot.tbxi

I get some weird error message (can't remember it at this moment, I
will check it up)

Is there something that I have done that is completely wrong?

tia
david