Re: ftp or http install

Subject: Re: ftp or http install
From: Eric Wieder (ewieder@mciworld.com)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 06:37:42 MDT

Dan Burcaw wrote:

> Trent,
>
> How are you burning the 1.2 CD?
>
> > I've given up trying to get a 1.2 cd to work. I've burned three different
> > ones and none will work. The installer just hangs after asking for the cd.
> > I cannot get a ftp or http to work either. I've
> > verified paths on multiple servers and it doesn't work. I'm absolutely
> > frustrated trying to get this installed. What is the specific path I
> > must type in to initiate a http or ftp install? I've had 1.1 running for
> > almost a year and this list has been a big help. Thanks everyone.
>
> Regards,
> Dan
>
> Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
> http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/
>
> Yellow Dog Linux
> "The Ultimate Companion for a Dedicated Server"
> http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/
>
> Black Lab Linux
> Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
> http://www.blacklablinux.com/

I've had similar problems with a 1.2 CD that I ordered and received last week.
The installer does not recognize the
YD CD. After copying the CD to a staging area and playing with NFS and FTP for
a while I found that the FTP install is looking for the files in /RedHat
rather than /YellowDog. After putting links on the FTP server from /RedHat/base
-> /YellowDog/base and /RedHat/RPMS to /YellowDog/RPMS the FTP install ran
through. Still can't boot with the installed root filesystem but that's another
discussion.

My assumption is that the CD is OK but the installer on the CD (in
bootfile.exe) has the wrong paths.

Eric