Ethernet Card Config

Subject: Ethernet Card Config
From: John Price (jprice@floop.com)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 11:56:34 MDT

We've successfully installed YDL 1.2 on our Starmax clone and in the PCI
bus hardware listing (cat /proc/pci) it shows an Ethernet card "Realtek
8029 rev. 0 using IRQ 23, I/O @ 0x1000. Using "ifconfig eth0
192.168.1.1" I get an error message saying the eth0 device was not
found. Using "less /var/log/dmesg" there is nothing in the list that
looks anything like an Ethernet card. I've tried adding alias eth0
rtl8029 to my conf.modules file but that does no good. It appears I
need to find the correct Linux driver source code for this chipset and
compile it in YDL. I'm not quite sure where to get it or how to
import it and compile/install it. Any suggestions or pointers from here
would be appreciated.

~John Price~
jprice@floop.com
http://www.floop.com