Re: Ethernet Card Config (Followup)

Subject: Re: Ethernet Card Config (Followup)
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 06:50:19 MDT

You need to have the kernel sources installed.

type in the following command

locate ne2k-pci

and you should find ne2k-pci.c in /usr/src/linux/drivers/net if
everything is installed correctly. If there is also an ne2k-pci.o file
that is your module. If it's in /lib/modules/(...) then you should be
able to modprobe ne2k-pci. If not then the proper way to compile the
module is to make it htrough the kernel building process. You can do it
by hand, but you have to set a buch of variables correctly. You will
have to have gcc installed regardless.

If you need help making a kernel look in the HOWTOs or I'll walk you
through it. The modules and the kernel itelsf are made throgh the same
process.

--
---
Ed Jaeger

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."

-- Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi