Re: Netinstalls, netinstall, net install

Subject: Re: Netinstalls, netinstall, net install
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 19:09:14 MDT

> If you don't want to buy the CD before you try it, you can download an ISO
> image and burn it onto a CD (if you have access to a burner). I haven't
> tried installing via NFS or the other network methods, but my impression is
> that they're similar to installing from the CD.

That's what the ISO is there for! CD is the best method for installing so
if you don't want to buy the CD, burn the ISO or bribe your buddy to! :)

> Red Hat also has Kickstart, which works great for completely over-the-net
> installations (plus a boot floppy). I don't know if YDL supports Kickstart
> at all -- Dan?

The code is there, but we haven't tested it.

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/