Re: CS 1.2 install problems on RS/6000 F50

Subject: Re: CS 1.2 install problems on RS/6000 F50
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 19:12:55 MDT

> 4) Initial reboot after the install using "boot floppy:,\ZIMAGE
> root=/dev/sda3" (latest zImage.chrp from the website) failing after
> mounting the rootfs with message
> "cannot load /lib/ld.so.1" and then "try passing init= to the kernel"

Yes, I've seen this too. We're looking into that and STILL trying to fix
the blasted RS/6000 ramdisk problem so you guys can actually install from
the CD. Even some IBM engineers are helping now so hopefully it can be
fixed once and for all soon!

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/