Re: ftp or http install

Subject: Re: ftp or http install
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 20:22:06 MDT

I assume you're using RS/6000? The zImage.initrd is from CS 1.1, hence the
problem. We wanted to put SOMETHING on the CD for RS/6000 rather then
nothing at all (due to the ramdisk problem we were and still are trying to
resolve)

This problem does not occur with PowerMac.

> I've had similar problems with a 1.2 CD that I ordered and received last week.
> The installer does not recognize the
> YD CD. After copying the CD to a staging area and playing with NFS and FTP for
> a while I found that the FTP install is looking for the files in /RedHat
> rather than /YellowDog. After putting links on the FTP server from /RedHat/base
> -> /YellowDog/base and /RedHat/RPMS to /YellowDog/RPMS the FTP install ran
> through. Still can't boot with the installed root filesystem but that's another
> discussion.
>
> My assumption is that the CD is OK but the installer on the CD (in
> bootfile.exe) has the wrong paths.
>
> Eric

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/