Dual-boot script on iBook

Subject: Dual-boot script on iBook
From: Michael Wilkinson (michaelwilkinson@mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1903 - 22:56:34 MST

Greetings all,

YDL is running great on my ibook using yaboot, but I can't get the
dual-boot script, straight from the installation manual to work. Open
Firmware returns error "can't open hd:8,\bootinfo.txt".

Everything is configured properly, I can setenv or manually run
yaboot.tbxi from O.F. with no problem, but O.F. always rejects my
script file. Here is my script titled "bootinfo.txt": (this isn't the
prob right now)

<CHRP-BOOT>
<COMPATIBLE>
iMac,1 PowerMac1,1 PowerBook1,1 PowerMac2,1 PowerMac3,1 PowerBook2,1
</COMPATIBLE>
<DESCRIPTION>
Yellow Dog Linux Yaboot bootloader
</DESCRIPTION>
<BOOT-SCRIPT>
" get-key-map" " keyboard" open-dev $call-method
dup 20 dump
5 + c@ 08 = if
" Booting MacOS ..." cr " boot hd8:,\\:tbxi" eval
else
" Booting Yellow Dog Linux ..." cr " boot hd8:,\\yaboot" eval
then
</BOOT-SCRIPT>
</CHRP-BOOT>

At the O.F. prompt I type: setenv boot-device hd:8,\bootinfo.txt

When I restart or even manually try to access the script, Open
Firmware can't open it. What am I missing here?

As always, TIA
michael

PS: My script is an ordinary text file located at the root level of
the Mac HD, partition 8. I've tried SimpleText and BBedit to
construct the script, with and without creator codes and file types,
all to no avail.....HELP!!!!!!

Also any syntax probs above are typos.