More G4/yaboot

Subject: More G4/yaboot
From: David Bonde (david.bonde@lector.kth.se)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 17:48:06 MDT

I have come so far that I have managaed to start yaboot from OF (at
least I guess so, the screen goes black and the text is green). The
procedure I used was as follows:

1. Open OF
2. I type ' setenv boot-device hd:x,\yaboot.tbxi
3. OF returns 'ok'
4. I type 'boot'
5. The black/green screen appears

or

4. I type 'boot hd:x, yaboot.tbxi'

or

4. I type 'boot hd:x, \yaboot.tbxi'

(an extra slash)

The message on this new screen is something about 'welcome to yaboot
0.5, config file read 107 bytes' so I guess that's ok. But here a
prompt 'boot> ' appears. What should I type there? If I only press
enter it returns

Device not found!
...ge not found...Try again (the first letters, before 'ge', on the
line is invisible due to screen geometry).

Thanks in advance:-)
David