three button mouse issues

Subject: three button mouse issues
From: Dan (dan.kortschak@adelaide.edu.au)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 17:25:59 MDT

Hi, I just got myself a Logitech 3-button mouse to get around the lack of
3-button emulation. It's really nice to actually be able to do everything that
I should be able to. A couple of things though:

The mouse freezes if I use the keyboard and the mouse is connected through the
keyboard, but not when connected through the rear socket (on iMac). Is there
someway to fix this or is it just a matter of waiting until the USB device
drivers are ironed out a bit more?

I noticed that the mouse works as a three button mouse irrespective of whether
the XF86Config file says its a 1, 2 or 3 button mouse, is this related to the
problem with emulating 3 buttons on a one-button mouse; that is the kernal
always threats a USB mouse as a 3-button mouse?

thanks
Dan Kortschak

--