Re: More G4/yaboot

Subject: Re: More G4/yaboot
From: David Minot Weld (dweld@stanford.edu)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 16:25:33 MDT

hey

I got the same kernel panic; I think it can be cured by reinstalling,
remembering to restart the installation after you finish the pdisk
(fdisk?) part. after you write the new partitions, back up as far as you
can in the install, reboot the computer, and restart the install process.
the second time around, just verify that the right partitions are there,
exit pdisk or disk druid or whatever, and continue on. that fixed it for
me.

I think the text file you have below is named bootinfo.txt in the standard
way of doing things, and I think you probably want to use your hd:9, or
wherever you're storing the kernel, as the linux boot partition. but I
would recommend booting ydl manually from the OF prompt at first-- after
you get it to boot the easy way, you can try and make the dual-boot script
work (I haven't managed this last part yet).

good luck,

dmw