Re: xeyes won't die AND ftp query

Subject: Re: xeyes won't die AND ftp query
pac1@tiac.net
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 17:05:37 MDT

"Drew M. Talley" wrote:

> OK, two new ignorant questions.
>
> 1. xeyes. I received some great advice here on killing xeyes....I
> kill -9 'd them using the process ID #s, and away they went.
>
> Regrettably, like some bad horror movie, whenever I reboot, they
> reappear, and watch me until I kill -9 them again. They must be in
> some config file somewhere, but I am too big of a linux dope to
> figure it out.

I've had the evil xeyes till moments ago.

Try this command in your login directory:

$ grep -r xeyes ./

./.kde/share/config/kwmrc:tasks=xeyes,konsole -restore konsolerc.8 -icon
konsole
.xpm -miniicon konsole.xpmi -caption "Konsole"
,/usr/lib/netscape/netscape-commu
./.kde/share/config/kwmrc:proxyhints=xeyes @ localhost.localdomain,

Then edit the file

emacs ./.kde/share/config/kwmrc

remove "xeyes,"
remove "proxyhints=xeyes @ localhost.localdomain,"

then do the ps -A |grep xeyes
then do the kill -9 xxx where xxx is the process id of xeyes from above.

then log out
then log back in

the eyes follow the mousie hither and yon no more.

-Pat