Re: Can't mount .img file

Subject: Re: Can't mount .img file
From: Randy (randy@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 19:52:53 MDT

Rick Eisner wrote:

> Apologies for my most newbie of questions, but:
>
> I've downloaded the two .img files (ydl-cs-1.2-install.img and
> ydl-cs-1.2-tasty.img).
>
> But my Mac insists they're not image files. System 8.6 sees them as
> SimpleText files, and says they're too big to open in SimpleText.
> System 9.0.4 sees them as GraphicConverter files, and says that
> GraphicConverter doesn't have enough RAM to open them. I'm running
> a PowerTower 604 with 80 MB RAM.
>
> So how can I get these files to mount on my machine?
>
> Rick
> --
> -----
> Rick Eisner
> rick_eisner@bigfoot.com

Rick,

I've run into similar problems using Netscape 4.72 under MacOS 9.0.2.
I've started using Internet Explorer 5.0 to download files from the Web
and that seems to work much better. Another option might be to use
something like ResEdit or FileBuddy to make sure that the file type is
set correctly.

Randy