RE: Running Windows in YDL?

Subject: RE: Running Windows in YDL?
From: Scott Parrish (parrisc@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 21:29:26 MDT

On Tue, 23 May 2000, you wrote:

BTW, wine dosent work on PPC and it probably never will....it is similar to
maconlinux in that it requires a native processor....it isnt really an emulator.

> True, except that some of the software I use is highly specialized &
> runs only on Windows.
>
> I have learned about a couple cheap or free PC emulators for the
> MacOS--BochsMac & Blue Label PowerEmulator. I gather Blue Label may be
> adequate for running stats software.

Question, if the stats software is THAT critical to you why are you even
considering a "free" emulator. Why not splurge and buy a commercial
emulator? Compared to the price of "specialized" stats packages a commercial
emulator is cheap. In fact...for the price of most scientific software
packages you can buy a nice little Dual Pentium machine with dual channel
SCSI raid to run your software on.

Scott