Re: Can't mount .img file

Subject: Re: Can't mount .img file
From: Patrick Armbruster (patrick@travis.ch)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 06:52:43 MDT

on 24.5.2000 14:46 Uhr, Randy at randy@cfl.rr.com wrote:

> Patrick Armbruster wrote:
>
>> Is this a joke? Then I've missed it. It's a Toast CD-Image.
>>
>> Fryke
>
> Fryke,
>
> OK - so does that mean you have to burn a CD or can you mount the image on
> your desktop? If the former, then it seems that what's actually being said is
> that you have to have a CD of some sort to install YDL and downloading the
> image files doesn't do you any good unless you've got a CD burner. Is that
> right?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randy

Yes, those images are not for mounting, but for burning. Maybe Toast can
mount them, but the Linux installer expects a CD to be in a CD- or DVD-Rom
Drive, so I guess you'd have to burn it anyway. Or: You could try to copy
its contents to a harddisk and change the install scripts to search on that
harddisk/partition. You'd have to keep the order of directories as is.

Patrick Armbruster
Travis AG infoCenter
IT Administrator
"Do you really quit your