Re: PB2000/400 and YDL 1.2

Subject: Re: PB2000/400 and YDL 1.2
From: Name Withheld Upon Request (cmh@umail.ucsb.edu)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 17:39:34 MDT

On Wed, 24 May 2000, J. A. Wilcox wrote:

> Everything goes well, including the point where pdisk does its thing
> and gives me its error. Then I boot again back into the firmware, but when
> the installer asks me where the files are, the cursor is in between the
> drive list (which lists no drives and lists it as 0 K) and a line that
> asks for the location of the YellowDog linux files.

I recognize this problem. Do you by chance have more than 16 partitions
on your hard disk? If so, you need to eliminate some for the installer to
work at this step.

To get through the installation, the Linux partitions you must have are
the root, swap, and perhaps a separate usr partition. You can create
additional ones, like /home, once you have your system up and running
using pdisk and mke2fs.

--
Conrad Hirano
cmh@umail.ucsb.edu