Toasting install CD's

Subject: Toasting install CD's
From: Christopher Legel (clegel@eiccd.cc.ia.us)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 07:23:50 MDT

Hi all!

        I too am a newbie trying to burn the *install.img and *tasty.img. To make
a long story short I've burned 3 so far with no success. I went through
the YellowDog listserve archives to see what I'm doing wrong, and have
noticed a few posts with experiences similar to my own. Now I'm beginning
to suspect the drive I purchased came with a crippled version of Toast -
when I pull down the Format menu within Toast I see no listing for burning
ISO's. Adaptec's website lists two different flavors of their software:
OEM and Deluxe. Sigh.

        Does anyone have another suggestion for burning the image to CD? I do
have access to a Windoze machine with a CD-burner; can I move the *.imgs
onto it and burn from there? Will I need to change anything (file
extensions, etc?).

        Or (I know it's a Toast image) can I mount the image using DiskCopy, copy
the contents to the harddrive, and run the installer that way? I actually
tried that, but the filenames are cut off.

        Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

        sertsa