Re: Boot in RS/6000 F50 (7025) (fwd)

Subject: Re: Boot in RS/6000 F50 (7025) (fwd)
From: Eric C. Wieder (ewieder@mciworld.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 06:58:37 MDT

My original instructions were a bit off. These are the real ones:

setenv defaults
setenv boot-device disk
setenv boot-file root=/dev/sda2
reset-all

I had the same problem with not being able to boot from floppy after
messing
up the commands. I had to power
off, unplug the machine and remove the battery for 15 minutes to reset
the NVRAM.

I haven't been able to find the command set for open boot for free.
There
is a company selling it for 29.95.
http://www.openfirmware.org/1275/home.html
These boot prompt commands come from a post to a internal IBM forum.

Also I've since found that the SUSE PPC kernel at 2.2.14 will boot my
F50. Still
can't succesfully build one at 2.2.15 that works.

Sorry about that,
Eric