Booting from the Install CD Problem

Subject: Booting from the Install CD Problem
From: Peter Muhlberger (peterm@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 15:27:51 MDT

Hi folks: Well, I was so excited about getting started w/ YDL that I
thought I'd save some time by downloading the install CD images & burning
them myself. Although everything seems to have gone well, but when I tried
to boot from the CD, MacOS9 boots instead. I'm going to go ahead & order
the CDs from YDL, but now I'm curious as to what could have gone wrong.

The steps I followed were: downloading ydl-cs1.2-install.iso from a server
using Fetch set to binary download. Mounting the image using DiskCopy, and
then burning a CD using ISO-9660 format w/ manual file naming so that none
of the file names would be changed (strict ISO-9660 would change some of
the file names). I also labeled the CD 'ppc' (in lower case, because that
was the name of the disk image volume).

Anyone have any clues on what went wrong?

peter