Re: Booting from the Install CD Problem

Subject: Re: Booting from the Install CD Problem
From: Steve Miller (steve@limits.com)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 02:37:06 MDT

>Hi folks: Well, I was so excited about getting started w/ YDL that I
>thought I'd save some time by downloading the install CD images & burning
>them myself. Although everything seems to have gone well, but when I tried
>to boot from the CD, MacOS9 boots instead. I'm going to go ahead & order
>the CDs from YDL, but now I'm curious as to what could have gone wrong.

>The steps I followed were: downloading ydl-cs1.2-install.iso from a server
>using Fetch set to binary download. Mounting the image using DiskCopy....

Right here is where you went wrong. There is no need to mount the
image, just fire up toast (I assume you are using Toast?), select
disk image and then drag your disk image file onto toast (or hit the
data button and select the image file that way). Then burn the cd.
This method has worked for me for several iso images.

I would redownload the images and try reburning them, if you haven't
already ordered the cds from yellowdog...

Cheers,
Steve

--

"DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million machines in use wordwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form." (New York Times, November 26, 1991)