Re: Video driver?

Subject: Re: Video driver?
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 05:12:32 MDT

Michael Long's bits of Fri, 26 May 2000 translated to:

>Hey,
> I too have a G4 Sawtooth, and I am currently undergoing the process of
>upgrading vmlinux and XFree86 and have found these necessary components,
>though I cannot say they work on my box yet. The Yellow Dog Disk isn't even
>adequate for inastallation instructions as you know, I couldn't find
>anything on the G4 graphics support problem on that CD.

Unfortunately the newest batch of G4's, which are the ones causing most of
the difficulties, were released just after the CS 1.2 distro was mastered
and being prepared for shipping. Thus there was no way for Terra Soft to
address the new G4 issues on the CD you refer to. There is a lot of good
info in the list archives and a couple people have added the info to their
sites, as you seem to have found out =) If the past is any indication, I
am sure there will be YDL updates as soon as all the issues are ironed out
and things settle down a bit.

Jim