Re: YellowDog can't emulate three buttons?

Subject: Re: YellowDog can't emulate three buttons?
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 17:32:50 MDT

It is not a YDL problem. The manual is wrong and refers to how things
worked in older manuals. Have you tried using the instructions at:
http://people.a2000.nl/omoerbe/?

> I'm wondering if this is only a YellowDog bug, and it's better to change
> distro, or it is quite a kernel+XF68_FBdev bug.
> The facts: with Champion Server 1.2 there was kernel 2.2.6, and after
> completing installation mouse was ok , you could use num_lock an
> kp_equals to emulate 2nd and 3rd buttons of Apple Usb Mouse. Now I'have
> passed to CS 1.2, and I' m experiencing a lot of annoying problems, as
> sound that doesn't work, keyboard non US characters missing, ecc... but
> sure the most annoying one is the impossibility to emulate second and
> third button again unlike they say in their (updated ???) installation
> guide: "usb keyboards users may simply use num_lock and kp_equals (...)"
> I tried to switch to Xpmac as Xserver, and in this case emulation worked
> with option+2 and option+3 (but I couldn't change the assigned buttons
> even if I have modified the /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf file), so I don't
> understand where is the problem and how to obtain emulation with
> XF68_FBDev.
> Is there any solution (except buying a three-buttons mouse)?

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/